Friday 8 July 2011

why me?


People often ask WHY again and again if they have had something unpredictable happen to them which is usually bad or negative and most probably inevitable.


why I'm the chosen one?
why is it me who have to face this?
why must it me who have to do this?
why am I 'lucky' enough to have gone through this?
why me??

We tend to question what God has planned for us especially when something happens that deeply touches us and so we are quick to judge the event as bad or good. We did plan our life but The Best Planner of All has already planned it well before us and everything has been stated in lauh mahfuz. Some always say that maybe there's a light at the end of the tunnel; truly there are other great plans in store for us insyaAllah and so it is worth to diminish this feeling of sadness and losing hope.

O Allah, I have a dream, I like to go through a beautiful journey, yet I do not find anything in my life, all of a sudden, I find this journey is emptiness. In the beginning, when I was first coming here to further my studies, I thought this would be a new beginning of my life, but I find it today is emptiness, as if nothing is enlightening me...O Allah please help me!

So when Allaah Subhaanahu wa Taala , in His Infinite Wisdom, tests us with a situation that we think is difficult or takes away something that in our mind was good for us, we need to remember that perhaps it may not be so. Perhaps if we had continued in our way, it might have been harmful for us and whatever Allah decreed for us is actually better for us, for He is All-Wise and All-Knowing.

“…and it may be that you dislike a thing which is good for you and that you like a thing which is bad for you. Allaah knows but you do not know.” (Surah Baqarah: 216)

Al-Hasan al-Basri said: “Do not resent the calamities that come and the disasters that occur, for perhaps in something that you dislike will be your salvation, and perhaps in something that you prefer will be your doom.”

And if life has been difficult, worries surround you and calamities after calamities befall you, hear the good news from the Prophet (Sal Allaahu Alaiyhi wa Sallam): “Trials will continue to befall the believing man and woman, with regard to themselves, their children and their wealth, until they meet Allaah with no sin on them.”

“And when someone puts all his trust in Allah, He will be enough for him.” (Surah at-Talaaq:3)

The Prophet (sal Allaahu Alaiyhi wa Sallam) said:

“If you put your trust completely in Allah, He will arrange for your sustenance in the same way as He provides for the birds. They go out in the morning with their stomachs empty and return filled in the evening.” (Tirmidhi-saheeh)


No comments:

Post a Comment