Monday 19 September 2011

Happy Eid!


Assalamu'alaikum to all my dear sisters and brothers.

I'm aware that this is very much overdue but it's better late than never, since it has been quite hectic for me since the last few weeks with the starting of the new academic term, eid celebrations, new juniors coming, home spring clean etc etc.

Alhamdulillah...Ramadhan that has passed has taught me so many lessons. Things that I initially presumed would be difficult turned out to be rather tolerable and Allah has made it easy for me alhamdulillah. For instance, I thought I would barely survive the long hour of fasting during summer time plus with the studies and revision as well as the stress and pressure that I had to cope to sit for exams in mid August. It's not been perfect for I haven't been anywhere near perfect but I'm delighted and motivated to fast and do good things during last Ramadhan. So I must say it has been a great Ramadhan for me this year despite all the unpleasant things happened around me.

I tend to have mixed feelings at the end of Ramadhan, sad that I had to bid adieu Ramadhan..the month full of mercy by Allah, but at the same time happy for the reward to celebrate Eid with family and friends, and had passed the trial month.

Anyways, Happy Eid to all Muslims around the world! ^_^ Don't forget to do the complementary ibadah: fast 6 days in Syawal!

"He who fasts in the month of Ramadhan followed by 6 days in Syawal, it is as if he has fasted for a year." (Hadeeth Muslim)



No comments:

Post a Comment