Wednesday 28 September 2011

love


"No matter what I say to explain and elucidate Love,
shame overcomes me when I come to Love itself.
Love cannot be contained within our speaking or listening;
Love is an ocean whose depths cannot be plumbed.
Would you try to count the drops of the sea?
Before that Ocean, the seven seas are nothing.
Love cannot be found in erudition and science, books and pages.
Whatever is discussed by people - that is not the way of lovers.
Whatever you have said or heard is the shell:
The kernel of Love is a mystery that cannot be divulged.
Enough! How long will you cling to these words of the tongue?
Love has many expositions beyond speech.
Silence! Silence! For the allusions of Love are reversed:
The meanings become hidden from much speaking.
Somone asked, "What is Love?"
I replied, "Ask not about these meanings.
When you become like me, then you will know.
When He calls you, you will recite its tale."
Oh you who have listened to talk of Love, behold Love!
What are words in the ears compared to vision in the eyes?"
This poem was written by Mevlana Rumi, so deep and touching that can't help penetrating the heart. May Allah Almighty granted us His divine love. Only God's love can wash our sorrows off!
"One of the supplications of Prophet David (PBUH) was: 'God, I beg of You Your love, the love of those who love You, and such conduct as should lead me to Your love. God, make Your love dearer to me than my soul and my family, and dearer than cold water.'" (At-Tirmidhi)

No comments:

Post a Comment