Friday 12 November 2010

pitza party!



Last night, we went for ladies night out to celebrate my house-mate's birthday at pizza hut. She just went home this weekend to have another birthday celebration with her loving family in Bath. We had buffet for the night but obviously we can only eat those non-meaty pizzas only like tomato and cheese, mozarella, seafood and veggie pizzas plus variety of salads. So for me it wasn't really satisfied my bud taste (as I'm definitely the meaty and cheesy pizzas lover) yet I enjoyed myself having all the delicious food alhamdulillah and getting to know my house-mate's friends. They were all fun and easy-going type of person. We even play charade at the end of the eating session just before the birthday cake came in.

Interestingly, the celebration was organised by the birthday girl herself starting from booking the restaurant, inviting others, setting the date and time, and she even bought herself the cake! It's quite a new thing for me as the culture here is slightly different to what I used to have back in my country (or is it just me who will celebrate her birthday in different way?). My family usually have a dine out to celebrate my birthday and of course I'm not the one who pay, or sometimes it was supposed to be a surprise. They celebrating me for my birthday not like the other way around. Having said that, I now realise that it might be good really to celebrate your own birthday when you're the one in charge and organise things as to show some sort of appreciations to others. Thumbs up to the birthday girl! Yes, I probably do that in the future insyaAllah especially to my parents who have brought me up to a healthy and beautiful me! (ahaakks) =P

ok this is so like a pre-birthday reminder for me. I'm looking forward to have my birthday in about 2 weeks' time insyaAllah. Here's what I can conclude from the pizza birthday party: we were created and made into various nations and tribes so that we may get to know each other, and not so that we may despise and hate each other. So no matter how you celebrate your birthday, the different cultures and whatsoever, we still can live peacefully with all nations and peoples insyaAllah. Exactly just like the birthday song throughout the world; though in different languages, it shares the same melody! Then we are also reminded of the the fact that the best of us in God's eyes are those who are most righteous just like Allah said in Surah 49, Verse 13.

"O mankind! We created you from a single (pair) of a male and a female, and made you into nations and tribes, that ye may know each other (not that ye may despise each other). Verily the most honoured of you in the sight of Allah is (he who is) the most righteous of you. And Allah has full Knowledge and is well-acquainted (with all things)."

This wonderful principle of Islam makes it clear that there is no single people, race, or nation that is better than others. God created us all equal. In God's eyes, the best of us are the most righteous and most kind. Let's be that kind of person insyaAllah! ^_^

No comments:

Post a Comment